Nearly synonymous with user experience designer, often with the added expectation of implementing designs in code.
Here’s a description of a product designer role from ChowNow:
– Synthesize broad concepts and ideas into engaging and impactful experiences.
– Take product specs/requirements from concept to execution, transforming them into intuitive, user-friendly, UX/UI deliverables.
– Lead user testing sessions with customers and collect data with A/B tests to make more informed design decisions.
– Learn from customer usage and leverage feedback and data to continually iterate, innovate, and evolve the product.
– Work closely with designers, engineers and product managers to define product opportunities and contribute to the overall product strategy.
– Communicate your thoughts and decisions effectively to the executive team.