- There’s no denying that UX is a hugely growing field but with various UX courses, online bootcamps, and Masters programs available, the competition for UX designer jobs is only becoming more saturated. That’s why you should read this UX Beginner on how to Stand Out as a UX Designer!
“The most powerful person in the world is the story teller. The storyteller sets the vision, values and agenda of an entire generation that is to come”— Steve Jobs
- Pixar’s success began in 1995 with the release of Toy Story and for decades, they’ve continued to be successful storytellers with recent groundbreaking releases such as Coco and Toy Story 4. Now, take Pixar’s Rules of Storytelling Applied to Product Managers & UX Designers and we can make the leap from good to great!
- What Does a Foldable Web Actually Mean? While flip phones are so last decade, the talk about foldable devices is on the rise and with them, the talk of a ‘foldable web’. Dual screens and multitasking possibilities are hyped up with the foldable possibilities but this could mean new challenges, new opportunities, and new syntax to support the vision.
- Designing interactions and Adding Value to your Design by Understanding Motion and Its Tools is an untapped focus. But with tools like prototyping Principle, Invision Studio, Adobe XD, and Flinto adding movement to understand user interaction can become a pivotal part of perfecting the user experience.
- You’re working on something new, here are 6 Reasons Why You Should Prototype Your App Idea Before Developing It. Testing and prototyping shouldn’t be overlooked because you can observe user behavior and gather valuable information to bettering it before an official launch.
- If a product is Accessible by Design, it implies inclusivity. Consider this: many buildings include both a ramp and stairs as options for entry. A ramp is accessible for everyone and not made specifically for users who are hard of walking. This is an example of a design that is both inclusive and accessible.
Designer’s Toolkit: Booklets.io
Based on a recent trend from Instagram and LinkedIn where creators are creating ‘micro-blogs” in the form of carousel posts, Booklets.io brings bite-sized learning in the form of booklets to the world of Product, Design, UI/UX, Marketing, Branding and more! Booklets can range from TL;DR of staple UX books such as Don Norman’s “The Design of Everyday Things” to quick guides on creating your own beautiful color palette in 8 simple steps.
Remote UX Jobs
ThreatConnect provides advanced threat intelligence software and services including ThreatConnect, a Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP).
Requirements: 3+ years of UX and UI experience; experience with current design tools such as Figma, Miro, etc.; resume, portfolio, LinkedIn profile
#unicornpotential #greatperks #friendlycoworkers
Kraken hosts a cryptocurrency exchange for users to buy, trade, and sell their bitcoins.
Requirements: resume; 4+ years of UX design experience guiding product development cycle for web, mobile, and/or software applications; Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field
ChopDawg is an app development firm helping business growth through web and mobile development.
Requirements: proficiency with 1 of the user interface designing software: Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator; ability to work in Eastern Standard Time; proficient with InVision, Google Drive, Asana, and Slack
Remote Senior UX Positions
Hanley Wood is media, event, information and strategic marketing services company for residential, commercial design, and construction industries.
Requirements: 2+ years of experience as a product design director or manager; awesome in Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Invision, etc.; portfolio thorough documentation of previous work
#friendlycoworkers #bigcompany #greatperks
Netlify is a web development platform that increases productivity.
Requirements: resume, cover letter; ability to hire thoughtfully and quickly; experience leading teams of Product & UX Designers through the complete product discovery to deliver life cycle
XenoPsi is a new-breed accelerator partner that blends business consulting with leading-edge marketing to help companies reach their highest potential.
Requirements: Easy-Apply on LinkedIn; 5-7 years of experience in marketing and design; experience with Adobe Suite products and UX tools; design portfolio